Meeting materials for upcoming California Biodiversity Council meetings will be posted here. Click on a date or meeting heading to access the agenda and/or handouts. We recommend that you use Firefox, Chrome, Edge, or Safari to download the files.
- November 1st and 2nd, 2018 – CBC Fall Meeting and Field Trip, Mojave Desert, CA
Meeting and Field Trip Overview
The CBC will be meeting for a half-day plenary meeting and networking dinner on Thursday, November 1st followed by a full-day field trip on Friday, November 2nd. The field trip will include important sites in the vicinity of Twenty-nine Palms and Joshua Tree National Park.
The focus of the meeting will be to examine the unique ecology, biology and conservation history across the Mojave Desert ecoregion. There is much to be learned from the unique partnerships and planning processes that are being used to address the conservation and land management challenges and opportunities in this region. We will also reflect on how these lessons can be adapted to address similar challenges and opportunities in other ecoregions across the state.
The central themes for the plenary discussions and field trip are:
- Learning about the ecology and biology of the Mojave Desert ecoregion, along with the challenges and opportunities for sustainable conservation.
- Reviewing the progress of regional conservation assessments and partnerships to support the implementation of conservation and development goals across this ecoregion and other ecoregions in the state.
- Exploring the creative relationships and partners that have been created to balance recreation and conservation objectives across this rich, yet fragile, system.
For further information, please see the flyer. CBC Fall Meeting Announcement
- November 13-14, 2017 CBC 2017 Meeting (Paicines Ranch & Hollister, CA)
Thank you for attending the CBC Fall Meeting & Field Trip on November 13th & 14th at Paicines Ranch and Hollister area! Share your photos at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YCYT7L6CUfOvpXNq2
The theme was Mainstreaming the Integrated Regional Conservation and Development (IRCAD) Program. Field tours during the meeting included sites stops at remarkable conservation project sites in the South San Francisco Bay Area. The final meeting materials, including the final agenda and field tour map are available below.
Dates/Times and Locations:
Day 1 | Monday, November 13, 2017 | 12:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Day 2 | Tuesday, November 14, 2017 | 8:30 AM – 3:45 PM
Bus Pick-Up at the Best Western Inn San Benito
660 San Filipe Rd, Hollister, 95023
Bus Departs at 8:45 am
- Conservation Updates Handout
- Draft CBC Organizational Charter
- Regional Conservation Assessments (RCA) IRCAD Worksheet
- Presentation Slides
- Field Tours Information – Contact Info and Websites
- Meeting Summary (NEW!)
- Photo Gallery (NEW!)
Share Your Photos! (NEW!)
- January 19, 2016 – CBC 2016 Meeting (Sacramento, CA)
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
8:45 AM – 3:15 PM
Harper Alumni Center
College Town Drive, Parking Lot 8
California State University, Sacramento